Truths Behind Messages

Hey y'all! I decided to do a few more posts about what I think of certain songs and/or Bible verses. I really enjoy hearing the truth in all these messages, portrayed in different ways. If you have other songs/verses that you would like me to do, just let me know! 
**This post will be a little longer than usual, as there are three songs that I will be talking about, so bear with me. :) **

"Amazing Grace," Chris Tomlin
This song is one of my absolute favorites! I loved this song ever since Chris Tomlin did his own personal twist of the old hymn. This song is iconic in terms of sharing the grace of God, however, tonight, there were other lines that struck a chord with me. "Like a flood, His mercy reigns," is repeated in the chorus multiple times, and if you think about how water floods a house, you realize that God's mercy does that in the rooms of your heart. It starts quickly as it pours into your heart and then as your heart accepts His mercy, the water just stays at a certain level, and at that level, the floors and walls of the home are drenched in water. Like, technology items are ruined, couches are ruined, rugs, you name it. It's like that in our hearts, Christ uses this mercy in our hearts to take away distractions and "stuff" we don't need in our lives. Of course, in real life, a flood is hard to recover from, but in the heart of a human, this kind of flood does nothing but heal you, and that's just an amazing thing. Isn't it crazy that Christ was so merciful and forgiving to our black, sinful hearts that were full of worldly things? And that He turned our hearts into this white that's whiter than snow? What an amazing, forgiving, compassionate Savior we serve!

"He will my shield and portion be as long as life endures." This line is so endearing and precious because He "will never leave us nor forsake us" (Hebrews 13:5). God will always guard us and help us fight our battles, even though the war is won. Yet, He chooses to be with us and walk with us in this life we live. He wants to be a part of every aspect of our lives and He fights for that "first place" position in our hearts. This war that the Father won reveals the battles He fights every day in your life. He wants to be first in your life, He fights FOR you and WITH you at the same time. There's nothing I can do at that point but to give my all to Him, He already gave me a portion, just a small taste, of who He is. Because of that, I will let Him be my shield and I take so much hope in that. This kind of ties in with the last line that I really enjoyed tonight which was, "will be forever mine." As He fights for your attention and guards you from the attacks of Satan, He will also love you so fiercely as you sit in the palm of His hand. As you sit in His care, His love just pours out on you and it just makes me realize how I will never be snatched away, how Satan can and will never have me back again. What a beautiful truth that the Lord is mine, and I am His, forever. For all of eternity, nothing will separate this relationship that I have with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I am secured in His love, and protected behind His shield!

"In Christ Alone," Shane and Shane
First off, can I just say that this is one of my all-time favorite songs? The truth behind the music is just astounding as it reveals the love of Christ and how it gives us power to live. "Light of the world by darkness slain" is such a powerful statement because Christ literally, as the Light of the world (John 8:12), came down to this dark, dark world and as He shone Heaven's light, He chose to be slain to bring that light into our dark hearts. What amazing love! Whenever I think about the love of Christ and all that He's done for me, I can't help but praise Him! I thank Him everyday that I'm "bought with the precious blood of Christ" because I don't have to do anything to receive this freedom I have in Him. It wasn't something that I earned, or will ever earn, it's something that Christ did out of His love for me. As the song continues, "Jesus commands my destiny" is a great reminder that God is in control over our lives, He knows about every aspect of our lives, He knows the beginning and He knows the end. This gives me great comfort because I know He will never let us down. All we have to do is accept His will for our lives. This acceptance leads to this knowledge: "here in the power of Christ, I'll stand." As we stand upon the Rock, we find that we are held firm and secure in the palm of His hand, which takes me to the last line that I love from this song: "I find my strength, I find my hope, I find my help in Christ alone. When fear assails, when darkness falls I find my peace in Christ alone. I give my life, I give my all, I sing this song to Christ alone. The King of Kings, the Lord of all, all heaven sings to Christ alone." With all that I am, with all that I have, I want to give my life to Him, I want Him to be a part of every part of me and my world; every triumph, every despair. I live for Him, and Him alone!

"Eye of the Storm," Ryan Stevenson
This song was a new one for me, however, I really enjoyed listening to it. The two lines that really stood out to me kind of go hand-in-hand: "in the middle of the war, You guard my soul," and "You're still holding on." It was a wonderful reminder that we don't have to fight our battles alone, God is there with us, He wants to fight with us, all we have to do is let Him. He holds on to us as we face all kinds of obstacles and He carries us when we can't walk anymore. Let Him guard your soul, and help you fight your battles; let Him carry you through all circumstances, and find peace in His strength.

Thank you to those who gave me these songs to listen to. I know this post was long, but thanks for bearing with me. :) I hope you have a wonderfully blessed day/week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poland: Responding to God's Call

Poland: The Presence of God

Poland: Auschwitz