Reset and Rest in Him

I went to type the title of this blog and I accidentally typed, “Reset.” But then, after I thought about it, resetting is just as important as resting. 

If you know me, you know my life is a little hectic, especially lately, as I’ve entered into a season of busy-ness with a lot on my plate: investing my time and energy into different projects, getting more involved with various ministries, strengthening my friendships and relationships, serving at congregation, working, and spending time with God and His Word. 

Yet, God is calling me to rest. Rest? I don't have time to rest. That's where reset comes in. What am I giving too much focus and attention to? Where am I lacking? Where and how do my priorities lie? 

I find that when my mind is too consumed with the things of this world, it's hard to rest. But, when I focus on the Lord (again and again, over and over I have to remind myself), everything truly does fall into place (see Matthew 6:33). Rest comes.

Yes, we're supposed to help others and be there for people, but there needs to be a balance; a balance I'm learning. As I continually pour myself out, I need to allow myself to be poured into. I'm beginning to see God doesn't want us to give and give and give without allowing Him to fill our cups again. That's the thing: allowing Him to. I often try to fill up my cup with more friends or events or things to do or something this world might have—and it all falls short. every single time. 

Rest.

As soon as I take focused time to rest in the Lord and mentally, emotionally, and spiritually reset myself in Him, all the things and events and plans fade in His presence, because He is enough. He is more than enough; He's all I need. He is the One who refills my cup, so that I can continue using my gifts, talents, and the time He's given me for His glory, for those around me.

Yeshua said, “Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and ‘you will find rest for your souls.’ For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:28–30, TLV). My Savior and King is the One who can give me complete rest and help me reset my life in Him, even in the midst of my crazy, busy life. Taking the time to focus and rest in Him is work sometimes, but it's work that's the most rewarding and most important. When I find my life is centered on Him and Him alone, I find the grace I need to deal with the hectic and crazy schedule I have. I'm reminded of a couple verses in Scripture: “Let us run with endurance the race set before us, focusing on Yeshua, the initiator and perfecter of faith” (Hebrews 12:1b–2a, TLV). 

Reset. Refocus. Rest. He's waiting for you. He wants to fill you up; He's looking for a deeper relationship with you; He's looking for more time with you, more of you, but you're the one who has to take that step. Seek Him and you will find Him; call out to Him and He will answer you—and the reward will be greater than you could ever imagine. 

Be blessed, my friends.

“A psalm of David. Adonai is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His Name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me: Your rod and Your staff comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You have anointed my head with oil, my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the House of Adonai forever.” —Psalm 23, TLV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poland: Responding to God's Call

Poland: The Presence of God

Poland: Auschwitz