To the Ones who are Hurting

My heart breaks, oh, how my heart breaks for those who are hurting, in pain, or just have a lot of heartache. I know from experience that it's not easy, and quite honestly, it just drains you. But, dear ones, take heart. Please don't forget that 'the Lord is close to the broken-hearted,' (Psalm 34:18); He heals all wounds that time cannot. When I thought of writing in light of this topic, this song came to me almost immediately:


And all you who labor in vain
And to the broken and shamed

Love is here
Love is now
Love is pouring from His hands, from His brow
Love is near, it satisfies
Streams of mercy flowing from His side
'Cause Love is here 

Listen: "Love is Here," Tenth Avenue North

Jesus bore all this pain that you carry on that rugged cross. Yes, I understand that it doesn't always take away the pain right away, but, dear ones, take notice of the fact that He knows that you're hurting. You think it doesn't bother Him? Oh, that's where you're wrong, my friends, He cries with you, He longs to wipe away all the hurt, He wants you to come running to Him; He wants to comfort you. Let the Comforter come and let the hurt leave. If it's hard to let go, I pray that you will learn to give it to God. If you have given it to God and the hurt is still there, then, my dear ones, let time pass. First let God heal and touch your broken hearts, then give it time. I promise this isn't the end; I promise there is a better future; I promise it won't always be like this. God doesn't want you to be hurting, but Jesus understands what you're feeling. Remember it says, "He wept." in the Bible? (John 11:35) Jesus understands being hurt, He understands heartache, my friends. He will be with you until you're ready to stand up on your own two feet again; He will carry you, for as long as it takes. He loves you too much to leave you to yourself; He is right there next to you. Turn to Him and find His incomparable rest. Let His presence overwhelm you and your heart, let His love overcome your situation, let His peace overtake your soul. I pray tonight that you will allow yourself to receive Him and His healing for you. I pray, with all of my heart, that some of your hurts and heartaches will ease and dissolve in the Father's care. I pray that you will remember His blessings tonight and find comfort in who He is as Someone you personally know. To the ones who are hurting tonight, I love you, Christ is there for you, and I hope you will find comfort in His miraculous shalom.



"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace." (John 16:33a)

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poland: Responding to God's Call

Poland: The Presence of God

Poland: Auschwitz