Being a Servant Under His Service

I've had this topic on my heart lately, and I think it's so important to follow Christ in service. Over the past few months, I've had the attitude of "ugh, again?" "do really have to help? again?" "this is not fun" etc. However, being a servant for those around us and for those we love actually brings joy because we are showing that we love them enough to help them. Serving others is really simple, it's not something that we should dread doing. Jesus is the best example of them all, and since we're following Him, we should be doing the same, right? Serving others can be as simple as helping your mom (or dad) out for dinner by setting the table, doing the dishes, etc. It can be doing something that someone else is very capable of doing themselves, but doing it for them instead. I feel like people nowadays focus a lot on themselves and what they want and how they feel. Serving others isn't based on your feelings. If you serve someone, but you really don't feel like it, but you're doing it anyway, that's a form of love, already. You love them enough to help them out, to serve them. The more you serve, the more your heart changes (whether you realize it or not) and becomes more like Christ. This is something that I have noticed because now when I serve, it's usually done out of joy (c'mon I am still human haha). I also don't have an uncheerful heart when someone asks me to help them do something, or when there is a need of service. Start at home, then spread out your service and see how God moves in you! Don't miss out on the blessing of serving others!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poland: Responding to God's Call

Poland: The Presence of God

Poland: Auschwitz