Being Fed Through Worship

I was thinking about how important it is to feed your soul and keep seeking His face. I feel that a lot of times people talk about reading the Word as a means of feeding yourself, but what about worship? God created us to be in awe of all His creation and all of who He is as God to us. I believe worship can feed the soul just as much as reading His Word, as both are incredibly important. Worship can be seen in different ways and/or styles, but it's still worship. You're still focusing on how God has brought you this far, or on His goodness, or in surrender to Him. It's all about Him when you worship, just like it's all about learning more about Him when you read His Word. I wanted to give you some verses regarding worship and how that can help your soul to stay connected to your Creator.

First, I would like to also mention that worship is something that has existed since creation was created. Psalm 66:4 says, "All the earth shall worship You And sing praises to You; They shall sing praises to Your name" (NKJV). All of what God created is in awe of Him and His works. They are created but they sing praises to Him in their own way, bringing glory to His name. When God created the Garden of Eden, I bet it was so beautiful and so full of praise and wonder, even before Adam and Eve were created. But we, as humans, have voices. Creation can't speak and praise the way we can, so how much more should we, as His children, sing and worship and praise Him? David understood the need for worship. Look at all the psalms he wrote and how he lived his life serving and praising His Lord. 1 Chronicles 16:7-36 is one of his beautiful songs of thanksgiving. David worshiped God in His faithfulness (v.12), and he trusted that God will always do as He says He will. This attribute of God still remains today.

I mentioned earlier that worship can be seen in different ways, and Psalm 95 talks about some of these differences: acknowledgment of God as the great King (v. 3), worship through a mood of celebration (v. 1-5), worship in a contemplative mood (v. 6-7), and worship through obedience (v. 8-11). I really love King David throughout his life because he really did have a heart for God and a love for Him that is rare to see. I love this psalm as well because it shows how God is still honored even when there are different styles. I think He enjoys the different styles of worship that we give Him as His children. Worshiping God in different ways still enables us to stay focused on Him and reminds us of who He is to us. Personally, when I'm reminded of His character through worship, my soul rejoices in it, and that allows me to surrender even more to Him and His matchless plan for my life. In a way, my soul is fed, leaving me to fall deeper in love with Him.
When I find that I love Him more, I want to read His Word more often, and thus I am getting fed through His Word and then again through worship. It's a never-ending cycle that brings freedom and joy into your life once you start.
Another character in the Bible that exemplified the Christian walk was Job, who lost everything, yet still held on to God and his faith in Him. When we come to a time of crisis, the book of Job is a good reference to know and understand how we should react. He loses his property and children practically right away. But then "...Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped" (Job 1:20, NKJV). His first and immediate response was to worship God. That takes serious faith to be able to trust in Him in the midst of all his loss, pain, and suffering. Satan had accused Job of serving God for profit (Job 1:9), so God had allowed Job to be tested, and by Job's actions, he passed the test. In his worship, Job was accepting God's will for his life without complaining or blaming God for his tragedy. This kind of response is also a form of humility in worship, because Job literally fell to the ground, which shows that he deliberately decided to worship God. When my grandmother passed away, I also had to learn that God is still good, and that worshiping Him in the midst of my grief was possible as well as necessary. I don't know where I would be without Him by my side. Worship helped me to remind myself all of who God is, and begin healing.
I learned that choosing to worship Him, especially when you don't feel like it, can help bring you closer to Him. 
Job's testing brought him closer to God, and his faith was strengthened. God restored him at the end of his testing (Job 42). The overall point of worshiping is to be in fellowship with God. When you have this fellowship, you grow closer to Him in a different way. Looking to the Messiah's atonement for our sins, allows us to worship Him and be in His presence without being destroyed by His glory and our sin.

There's always a reason to praise and worship God, and it truly does remind your soul that you are His child, forever. Allow yourself to be healed and touched through worship, and watch how you grow into His calling and will for your life. You can be spiritually fed in worship, as long as it's in spirit and in truth (John 4:24). Feeding your soul through the Word is important, but learning the art of worship is just as important. Stay blessed, my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poland: Responding to God's Call

Poland: The Presence of God

Poland: Auschwitz